Bygone are the days when businesses used excel sheets, cash registers, and manual ways; to count inventory. Today the customer is more digitally knowledgeable than ever. As a result, the consumer looks for shopping options from their comfort zones through digital platforms. Small retail businesses should also embrace technologies for organizational growth and achieve goals. Point of sale software is a boon for the retail industry, irrespective of their business size.
What is Point of Sale Software?
A point of sale system or POS is a set of algorithms that helps retail businesses; in their operations. This technology tracks and stores customer data like contact information and purchase history. Moreover, this software tracks and stores business data like sales, inventory, prices, and other details. Additionally, this system also acts as a central server for your business to store and retrieve data across multiple outlets.
How Can Small Retail Businesses use POS in their process?
Point of sale software plays a crucial role in simplifying sales for the retail industry. Furthermore, this technology also boosts the transaction time and productivity of your store. If you follow the following steps after implementation, you will make the most of it.
The retail store must add the product catalog to the inventory; so it gets scanned. Furthermore, POS software allows you to search for product availability and performance.
Design and apply discounts:
Customers prefer to buy from a retail store is because of the discounts and rewards they get. The POS system will help to design efficient discount programs and apply them when the customer buys.
The point of sale software tools allows the retailers to accept digital payment, cash, and other modes. Additionally, once your business expands, you can add gift cards and loyalty points.
Log the transactions:
The POS solutions stores all the customer transactions and interactions to analyze data.
What are the Different Types of POS Software for Small Businesses?
Desktop POS software is at the outlet and fixed to a specific location. Moreover, it will have card readers, printers, cash drawers, and barcode scanners attached.
mPOS is the trending software in the retail industry. Because it allows the deployment of the POS system on portable devices like mobiles or tablets.
Cloud-based point of sale software is the most preferred solution for small retailers. Because; small retail businesses do not have to invest in any hardware or software installation.
Which is the Best Point of Sale Software for Small Businesses in India?
POS solutions are a robust tool for all size retail businesses, but it is crucial to choose the best one according to your needs. We did analyze all the software and pointed out a few best software solutions in India.
- Cloud-based restaurant POS software that operates both online and offline.
- POSist has Shrinkage control tools to reduce theft and pilferages.
- POSist works on all browsers and supports all the hardware.
- It has encrypted servers to secure your data and avoid loss.
- POSist has a knowledgeable and friendly support team that resolves your queries immediately.
- MARG ERP 9+ POS Software:
- Automatic cloud updates help retailers to upload the data online and store it on the cloud. It allows access from anywhere at any time with real-time data.
- They have the best cybersecurity in place to protect your data from the point of sale software.
- The quick billing feature allows you to process multiple invoices with ease at the same time.
- Marg ERP 9+ POS software allows data migration with ease directly from excel or CSV files.
- Marg ERP POS system is enabled with auto bank reconciliation which helps the banking transactions to be smooth.
- This solution tracks the expiry date of the products and reminds you to return them to the supplier in time.
- LOGIC POS:
- Logic POS software can be easily integrated with retail hardware.
- This software is an all-inclusive solution that helps with quick billing and easy stock handling.
- The solution is compatible with different payment gateways and accepts most payment modes.
- This POS system is capable of in-depth tracking of goods. Additionally, it can also generate MIS, sales, order, and market trend reports.
- One of the best features of Quickbill POS software is that it is easy to install.
- This solution helps with barcodes and quick billing.
- Qucikbill also helps to automatically; apply discounts and taxes to calculate in the bill.
- QuickBill POS system allows your business with dynamic reporting and financial accounting.
- This solution also allows you to manage your credit sales and add notes for sales returns.
- Quickbill point of sale solution has a user-friendly interface that helps to perform the transaction with ease.
- Tally Shoper 9:
- The alert management feature of this software allows you to send alerts to team members or customers about the updates.
- This POS software allows you to process operations like invoicing, returns, cancellation, exchange, and others with ease.
- The catalog management feature of this software allows storing business data like products, supply chain, and other details.
Many small retail business owners in India think POS software is an unnecessary expenditure. The mentioned software has robust features that will help your business grow and boost your customer experience.