To clean the tiles of the patio of your house or to wash the car, many recommend the use of pressure washers. Now what are these machines and how do they work? From Ormoc tools, we tell you what it is so that you can choose it and use it correctly, without damaging any surface.
Pressure washers are machines that work by spraying high-pressure water to clean many objects. They are 10 to 50 times more powerful than a domestic hose, and also allow water savings, as they use up to 80% less.
They work through a motor, which drives a pump that pressurizes the water, so when it emerges it does so with greater pressure. Depending on the type of motor power, it can be a hydroelectric or gasoline. Gasoline-powered ones have to be used in open places.
Its use is also very wide since it is enough to incorporate different accessories and nozzles to adapt them to different tasks, moderating flow and pressure so as not to damage the surface. For example, to get to more remote places, to wash vehicles, or to clean windows. If you are looking to buy some high-quality pressure washers at cheap rates then you have to visit here.
The type of jet can be obtained by choosing a nozzle. It can be:
- A jet in a straight line (0 °) for maximum impact on the surface.
- A fan jet allows greater coverage of the surface and is generally indicated for the application of detergent, at low pressure.
- If you are looking to combine both characteristics (high impact and greater coverage), the rotary pointers (with milling effect) are the ones indicated since it provides a jet in a straight line that rotates in a circle as the pressurized water comes out.
Cleaning results depend on:
- Water pressure
- Use of detergents
- Distance from the surface being cleaned
- The angle of the spray fan
If you are thinking of renting a pressure washer, you have to know that the unit of measurement of the flow of pressurized water that emerges is expressed in gallons (GPM) or liters per minute (LPM). Multiplying the flow rate by the pressure gives an indication of the strength of the pressure washer.
- Depending on the surface to be cleaned, each application has its own specific procedure. However, there are some general rules to keep in mind for proper operation and optimal safety conditions.
- Choose the correct nozzle or spray setting. If the power is stronger than necessary, the surface may be damaged.
- Before adding chemicals, you have to read which ones are compatible with the machine. This depends on the manufacturer. Use the manufacturer’s recommended chemicals.
In some cases, the use of personal protective equipment is necessary. You should also avoid pointing the water jet at other people.