Mason jars are not only used for storing food or preserves. They lend themselves to a wide range of craft projects. Mason jar makes an affordable holiday gift and decoration around the festivals. They will add a bit of rustic country appeal to your holiday decorations.
You can make different types of centerpieces using mason jars and it will be also a great opportunity to show off your creativity and artistic skills. It is ideal to find an online fabric store for buying ribbons, tulle fabric, chair covers, tablecloths, favor bags, and many others. Below, I’m going to share some fun DIY mason jar projects that are great for you.
Sunflower Mason Jar Centerpieces
Mason jar centerpieces are one of the perfect décor items filled with fresh sunflowers. You can decorate your pretty jar with a barbeque or country theme using burlap and gingham. They are also easy to make and won’t take more time. For making this DIY, you can use any size mason jar.
- Prepping the Ribbon
Start by wrapping a piece of burlap ribbon around the mason jar for getting the correct measurement. After having the correct length, cut the ribbon and use that piece for measuring and cutting the rest for while many centerpieces you are making.
You can use that burlap ribbon for measuring out your checkboard ribbon. Cut check ribbon with a little overlap on both ends and use them to cut the other pieces of ribbon that you need.
Place checkboard ribbon on the top of burlap ribbon using hot glue gun and then fold their ends over the burlap ends and glue to the back.
- Wrapping the Jar
Now, place the finished jar onto the glass jar and use a little hot glue to securely holding it in place. Wrap the ribbon around the jar and glue the ends one over the top of the other.
- Adding the Twine
For measuring the twine, wrap it around the jar and make sure you have sufficient to tie a bow. You can also use that piece for measuring out the remaining twine pieces. This centerpiece looks beautiful with fresh sunflower and small white flowers.
Lavender Candle Jars
Lavender candles will make really thoughtful gift ideas for someone, either as a Mother’s Day, birthday, or a hostess gift. Let’s take a look at how easy it is to use dries lavender stems for making pretty floral DIY lavender candles in mason jars.
Supplies That You Will Need:
- A wide-mouth mason jar and a small jar
- Dried lavender stems
- 2 cups candle wax
- 1 candle wick in medium size
- Wood skewer
- 15 drops lavender essential oil or add more for a stronger scent
- Twine to tie around the mouth of the mason jar, optional
Instructions to follow:
- First, make sure your mason jars are clean and completely dry before use.
- Then use a boiler to slowly melt the candle wax. Don’t overheat because the wax may burn.
- In the time being, twig the clip of the wick to the center bottom of the inclusive mouth mason jar.
- Now, add 15 drops of lavender essential oil to the melted wax and stir. You can also add more for a strong scent.
- Leisurely pour melted wax into the equipped jar and wrap the long end of the wick around a brochette and rest the spear across the top of the jar. This will help you to retain the wick centered in your jar.
- Leave the candle wax to fully cool and set and after setting the wax cut the access wick.
- Gently place the small jar into the large one. Working on the stem at a time, insert the dried lavender in the space between the two jars. Remain working around the jar while waiting for your desired effect is accomplished.
- At last, wrap some twine around the neck of the jar with a few stems of lavender.
Mason jars have become a crafting and decorating staple for making perfect seasonal décor. They are inexpensive and easily customized in several ways. You can find one of the best wedding and craft product suppliers for buying satin fabric, satin ribbon, deco mesh ribbon, chair cover, tablecloth, table linen, flower petal, and many others.