Meaning of Katichakrasana :
For what is Katichakrasana, you have to break this word. Katichakrasana is made up of two words – kati which means waist and chakra which means wheel. This posture involves twisting the waist to the right and left. While doing this, the waist rotates like a wheel, so it is named Katichkra.
Method of Katichakrasana:
Now it comes to know how to do Katichakrasana? You can get more benefit from this asana only when you do it technically correctly.
- First of all you come to Tadasana.
- Keeping the feet twelve inches away from each other, stand firmly on the ground.
Now spread the arms out from the front of the chest in such a way that the palms are face to face.
- Breathing out and exhaling, slowly move your arms to the right side of your body.
- Turn your body to the right.
- Fold the body from the waist and try to move your arms backwards as much as possible.
- While rotating to the right, the right arm should be straight and the left arm should be turned.
- When you move around well, maintain this position and then take a breath and come in the middle.
It was a half cycle.
- Repeat the same process on the left side.
Now there is a cycle
- In this way, you first do 3 to 5 cycles, then increase it slowly.
Benefits of Katichakrasana:
- If you do Katichakrasana in a scientific manner and follow the method mentioned above, then you can get a lot of benefit from its practice. Some important benefits are being mentioned here.
- With the practice of this asana, you can reduce your weight. The condition is that you fast it or maintain the posture for a long time.
- With this easy practice you especially women can make your waist thinner. It makes your waist slim and beautiful. This not only makes your waist beautiful but also strengthens it.
- This asana helps us reduce abdominal fat. Belly fat or fat from other parts of the body is a particularly harmful type of fat that accumulates around your organs. is.
- By its practice you can widen your chest and reduce respiratory diseases. This is a very beneficial yoga practice for your lung.
- By this you can reduce your constipation and avoid digestive problems.
- Regular practice of this asana can relieve constipation and acidity. Constipation is a condition of the digestive system in which a person’s (or animal’s) stool becomes very hard and has difficulty in bowel movement. Constipation is a condition of natural alteration of the stomach in which the amount of excreta is reduced.
- The ribs become elastic, which can prevent many respiratory diseases, even lung tuberculosis (TB) disease.
- Katichakrasana for the strengthening of the shoulders, neck, arms, abdomen, back and thighs strong.
- This asana is very beneficial for the patients of sugar. Diabetes or diabetes is called a metabolic disease in which the amount of sugar (blood sugar) in the person’s blood becomes more than necessary.
- This asana helps in keeping the digestive system fine. So all stomach-related diseases can be got rid of because most of our diseases arise from the stomach itself and we can avoid diseases.
- To reduce stress and to get rid of mental stress, this asana is very beneficial. Medical science considers the cause of depression as a lack of neurotransmitters like cirrotonin, nar-adrenaline, and dopamine. So you do this asana to get rid of all these. And along with this, doing it increases the feeling of self-confidence in the person.
Other benefits of Katichkrasan:
- The waist becomes flexible.
- Shoulders become strong and wide.
- Relieves neck and back stiffness
- Lightness is felt in the body
- Laziness is eliminated from the body.
Precaution in Katichakrasana:
- This asana is not for pregnant women.
- Apart from this, do not practice it even if you are suffering from hernia, stomach or spine surgery or slip disc.
- Keep in mind that the knees should not be bent while rotating the waist and the legs should not move at all from their place.
- Always do this yoga empty stomach.
- No shock should be given.
- Soles should not rise from the ground.
- Do not do this asana in the event of extreme pain in the waist or neck.
“Katichakrasana” is also a simple and beneficial asana for starting yoga. Anyone, whether new or practicing, can easily do it. You can make a career along with the health benefits of doing yoga asanas by joining a Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India