What is your hobby? This question is what we have been asked from our childhood to the longest possible time and even ask the same question in order to get to know more about that person because your hobbies tell us a lot about you as a person.
There is not a single person that does not like to do anything or have any hobby. You have it inside you, you know that doing a particular thing makes you happy and it can be anything from painting to planting but we don’t do that regularly and the reason could lie in between maybe not getting enough time or not giving it enough importance, etc.
There are many benefits of pursuing your hobbies regularly and some of them are mentioned below:
1. Makes you happy: Doing this particular thing makes you happy and that’s the reason why you made it your hobby. Hobbies are the best way to relax and chill.
2. Reduces stress: It will definitely help you to reduce stress. After coming home from a tiring and stressful day, all you want to do is to take out some time for yourself and what better than pursuing your hobby which will help you unwind.
3. Increases creativity: No matter what your hobby is it will help you increase your creativity and it will also help you increase your visualization. At this time, you are not under supervision and nobody is watching you so you don’t have the fear of being judged. You just live in the moment in enjoy yourself. This whole process will bring out the best in you and you will look at life with a better perspective.
4. Can turn into a passion and then profession: We have seen many examples where people made a hobby and continue pursuing it and then realize that is where their passion lies and once you realize your passion you can make your profession out of it. The career and profession spectrum are very wide you don’t necessarily have to be an engineer or doctor you can be an artist, dancer and what not plus you will definitely make a decent amount from this because you will be pretty good in it and you cannot ignore the job security.
5. Connects you with like-minded people: If you pursue your hobby you will be able to connect with a lot of like-minded people that eventually help you grow a lot. For example, if you are a dancer and have joined the dance club you will be able to find a lot of other people that too have the same interests and such people can help each other and grow together.
Apart from all these benefits, in every HR interview, you will be asked about your hobby and there you can flaunt it. Not only in the HR interviews but even when you are meeting a person, hobbies are generally something that will help you a lot like a conversation starter.