Self-care is very important for every person but not many people give it the attention it requires. In our busy schedules, we often forget to take out some time for ourselves. It is proven by a study that you should take out at least 1 hour per day for your care and this time does not include you sitting on your sofa or lying in your bed and scrolling through social media or completing a series.
Self-care includes the activities that will help you and your body and mind to relax.
1. Meditation: There are countless benefits of meditation and I can’t emphasize it enough. All day we try to eat healthily and think of exercising for our body but how many times a day you actually think about your brain which keeps on functioning 24 hours a day. We all are aware that the brain is a very vital organ of our body but don’t focus on it enough. Meditation is a great way of thanking your brain. It will relax your brain and will increase concentration power. So don’t ever skip your meditation as it can be as flexible as you want and will not take much of flexible as you want and will not take much of your time.
2. Exercise/Yoga: Exercising is best for you. Take time for exercising and you will never regret. You don’t have to go to the gym or anywhere and spend money to exercise you can do this at your home. It has a lot of health benefits and not only physical and it will also improve your mental health. It will help you to be in your desired shape which will give you immense confidence. You can also try yoga or any other kind of exercise.
3. Reading books: A great habit that we should develop is the habit of reading books. Books can help you improve and change your perspective of life. Books can show you and take you to places where money can’t.
4. Pursuing hobbies: Pursuing your hobbies gives you happiness because it includes activities that you choose for yourself and by pursuing them you will have a great sense of achievement and it will help on reducing anxiety and depression. You should include this in your daily self-care routine and you will see the results by our own self.
5. Paint: No I am not talking about professional drawing or sketching but just the normal drawing according to your capabilities. You can at least make the drawing with home, river, mountains and of course sunrise. You can just play with different colors and patterns.
Self-care is important and you should take out time no matter how busy you are. You should know that self-care will have many positive impacts on you and you will realize that you are less frustrated from life and will start looking forward to the next day and feel amazing about yourself. If you continue doing this I am sure you will not need other stress relieving things.